Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nico

Ga_Aq_Nico[2009]

This is Nico. Nico is one of three Beluga whales at the Georgia Aquarium. He lives with two other female Belugas. Nico is a flirt and he loves to watch the people who visit the aquarium. On the afternoon I took this photo I was, surprisingly, the only person at the exhibit. Nico would swim back and forth across the front of the exhibit and right up to the second level where I stood. If I moved, he moved with me.

I suppose this flirtatious nature explains the frisky activities between he and one of the female Belugas. The aquarium is hoping there might be a baby Beluga coming soon!

4 comments:

Greg Dimitriadis July 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

Wow, he's very cute! Great photo.

Hilda July 4, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

He's adorable!
I hope to see a baby beluga in your blog soon too!

Unknown July 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Fantastic shot! Beluga whales are so cool!

Felicia July 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Spectacular photo! The one eye really emits feeling and personality.